For a possible bartender, here are the details:
- Serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages behind a bar in a pub, club, tavern or similar establishments;
- Take payment from customers;
- Maintain the liquor, garnishes glassware and other supplies or inventory for the bar;
- Serve food to customers;
- Keep the bar area clean.
Education and Training:
- High school graduate;
- Training on Food and Beverage handling and salient legal issues in serving beverages and tobacco.
Skill and Competency Requirements:
- Knowledge of laws and regulations on the minimum requirements in serving alcoholic beverage, cocktail recipes, proper attire and conduct;
- On-the-job training by observing and working with more experienced Bartenders.
Physical Attributes and Characteristics
- Neat, friendly and enjoy talking with customers;
- Proper attire, good grooming and a good conduct is a must.
- Entry level P8,000-9,000 per month
- Customer's Tips
- Supervisory jobs as dining room supervisor and/or maitre d' hotel.
- High demand for well-trained Filipino front-liners in the Tourism Industry abroad.
Jobs On Board is a series of occupational briefs which aims to provide information on hard-to-fill and highly-in-demand occupations. It contains such information as the nature of the job, its education and competency requirements, earnings, employment and job outlook. This occupational brief is taken from the Occupational Brief No. 1, from the International Labor Organization (ILO) and the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).